|Born||11 October 1919(age 103)|
|Place of birth||Hamburg|
|Years of service||1941–1945|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Hans Krohn (born 11 October 1919) was a highly decorated Oberfeldwebel in the Luftwaffe during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. During his career he participated in 965 missions as a radio operator/gunner.
Awards and decorations
- Aviator badge
- Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe in Gold with Pennant "900"
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- German Cross in Gold (1 February 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 26 March 1944 as Oberfeldwebel and Bordfunker (radio operator) in the 6./Sturzkampfgeschwader 2 "Immelmann"
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 225.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches]. Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.