|Hans-Gerrit von Stockhausen|
|File:Hans-Gerrit von Stockhausen.jpg|
|Born||11 August 1907|
|Died||15 January 1943(aged 35)|
|Place of birth||Kassel|
|Place of death||Berlin|
Weimar Republic (to 1933)|
|Years of service||1926-1943|
Iron Cross 1st Class|
Iron Cross 2nd Class
U-boat War Badge
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
Commander Hans-Gerrit von Stockhausen (11 August 1907, Kassel – 15 January 1943, Berlin) was a Korvettenkapitän with the Kriegsmarine during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross (German language: Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes). The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
He sailed with the U-13 and U-65, sinking twelve ships on five patrols, for a total of 66,174 gross register tons (GRT) of Allied shipping. As commander of U-65 attacked and sank the British Premier on 24 December 1940. He died in a car accident in Berlin on 15 January 1943, aged 35.
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award
- Sudetenland Medal (20 December 1939)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class (12 July 1940) 
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross (14 January 1941)
- Mentioned three times in the Wehrmachtbericht on 9 July 1940, 29 December 1940 and 11 January 1941
- Busch and Röll 2003, p. 104.
- Busch, Rainer and Röll, Hans-Joachim (2003). Der U-Boot-Krieg 1939-1945 - Die Ritterkreuzträger der U-Boot-Waffe von September 1939 bis Mai 1945 (in German). Hamburg, Berlin, Bonn Germany: Verlag E.S. Mittler & Sohn. ISBN 3-8132-0515-0.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945 (in German). Friedburg, Germany: * Stockhausen von, Hans-Ludwig (2004). Erinnerungen I: Ritter, Reiter, Russen (in German). Bad Karlshafen: Verlag des Antiquariats Bernhard Schäfer. ISBN 3-934800-02-5.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|