|HNoMS Trondheim (1946)|
HMS Croziers, 22 December 1945
|Career (United Kingdom)|
|Laid down:||23 October 1943|
|Launched:||19 August 1944|
|Completed:||30 November 1945|
|Out of service:||1945|
|Identification:||Pennant number: R20|
|Fate:||Sold to the Royal Norwegian Navy|
|Identification:||Pennant number: D305|
|Fate:||Removed from active list, May 1961|
|Class & type:||C-class destroyer|
|Displacement:||1,710 tons (standard) 2,520 tons (full)|
|Length:||363 ft (111 m) o/a|
|Beam:||35.75 ft (10.90 m)|
10 ft (3.0 m) light|
14.5 ft (4.4 m) full
2 Admiralty 3-drum boilers, |
Parsons geared steam turbines,
40,000 shp (30,000 kW), 2 shafts
|Speed:||37 knots (69 km/h)|
|Range:||615 tons oil, 1,400 nautical miles (2,600 km) at 32 knots (59 km/h)|
4 x QF 4.5 in (114 mm) L/45 guns Mark IV on mounts CP Mk.V
HNoMS Trondheim was a C-class destroyer built for the Royal Navy as HMS Croziers. She was built by Yarrow Shipbuilders, Scotstoun during 1944 and 1945. On completion she was sold to the Royal Norwegian Navy in 1946 and renamed Trondheim. She was scrapped in 1961.
Commissioned too late for service in the Second World War, following sale her pennant number was changed to D305. She was one of four Cr-class destroyers sold to Norway. Unlike many other destroyers of this class, none of the Norwegian ships received any significant upgrades during their operational service.
Trondheim continued to serve in the Royal Norwegian Navy until removed from the active list in 1961.
- Marriott, Leo (1989). Royal Navy Destroyers Since 1945. Ian Allen Ltd. pp. 67.
- Blackman, Raymond V B, ed. Jane's Fighting Ships 1963-4. London: Sampson Low, Marston & Co. Ltd. pp. 194.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
- Marriott, Leo (1989). Royal Navy Destroyers Since 1945. Ian Allen Ltd. ISBN 0-7110-1817-0.
- Raven, Alan; Roberts, John (1978). War Built Destroyers O to Z Classes. London: Bivouac Books. ISBN 0-85680-010-4.
- Whitley, M. J. (1988). Destroyers of World War 2. Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 0-87021-326-1.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|