|HNLMS Overijssel (D815)|
Ausländische Kriegsschiffe an der Tirpitzmole zur Kieler Woche 1964 (Kiel 32.970).jpg|
Overijssel at the Kieler Woche 1964
|Laid down:||15 October 1953|
|Launched:||8 August 1955|
|Commissioned:||4 October 1957|
|Decommissioned:||11 June 1982|
|Fate:||Sold to the Peruvian Navy|
|Displacement:||2497 standard, 3070 tons full load|
|Length:||116 m (381 ft)|
|Beam:||11.7 m (38 ft)|
|Draught:||5.2 m (17 ft)|
|Propulsion:||2 shaft geared turbines, 4 BW boilers, Super-heated steam @ 620psi, 60,000 hp|
|Speed:||36 kn (67 km/h; 41 mph)|
|Range:||4,000 nmi (7,400 km; 4,600 mi) at 18 kn (33 km/h; 21 mph)|
|Sensors and |
|Radar LW-02, DA-01, ZW-01, M45, Sonar Type PAE 1N, Type CWE 10|
HNLMS Overijssel (D815) (Dutch language: Hr.Ms. Overijssel ) was a destroyer of the Friesland class. The ship was in service with the Royal Netherlands Navy from 1957 to 1982. The destroyer was named after the Dutch province of Overijssel and was the twelfth ship with this name. In 1982 the ship was taken out of service and sold to Peru where it was renamed Coronel Bolognesi.
Dutch service history
HNLMS Overijssel was one of eight Friesland-class destroyers and was built at the Wilton-Fijenoord in Schiedam. The keel laying took place on 15 October 1953 and the launching on 8 August 1955. The ship was put into service on 4 October 1957.
On 8 June 1977 Overijssel, with the frigate Tromp, the replenishment ship Poolster and destroyer Groningen, visited Leningrad. This was the first Dutch squadron to visit Leningrad in twenty one years.
The ship participated in a rescue mission on 13 and 14 August of the 1979 Fastnet race, the last of five races of the Admiral's Cup.
8 February 1982 the ship together with the frigates Tromp, Callenburgh, Van Speijk, Piet Hein and the replenishment ship Zuiderkruis departed from Den Helder for a trip to the USA to show the flag and for 200 years diplomatic relations. The ships returned to Den Helder on 19 May 1982.
==Peruvian service history==
The ship was put into service on 14 June 1982 where the ship was renamed Coronel Bolognesi and decommissioned in 1990.
- "Overijssel (D815)". www.navyinside.nl. http://www.navyinside.nl/frontpage/overijssel_d815. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "helis.com". https://www.helis.com/database/unit/530-HrMs-Overijssel/. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "marineschepen.nl". https://marineschepen.nl/schepen/poolster.html. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "scheepvaartmuseum.nl :: Maritieme kalender 1977". http://www.hetscheepvaartmuseum.nl/knowledgebase/calendar%7C1977. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- "scheepvaartmuseum.nl :: Maritieme kalender 1982". http://www.hetscheepvaartmuseum.nl/knowledgebase/calendar%7C1982. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- "onzevloot.weebly.com". www.onzevloot.weebly.com. http://onzevloot.weebly.com/hrms-overijssel-d-815.html. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|