|HNLMS Gelderland (D811)|
Indienststelling onderzeebootjager Gelderland Rotterdam, Bestanddeelnr 907-2823.jpg|
|Ordered:||2 January 1948|
|Laid down:||10 March 1951|
|Launched:||19 September 1953|
|Commissioned:||17 August 1955|
|Fate:||Sold for scrap 1988|
|General characteristics |
|Length:||113.1 m (371 ft 1 in)|
|Beam:||11.4 m (37 ft 5 in)|
|Draught:||5.1 m (16 ft 9 in)|
|Propulsion:||2 shaft geared turbines, 2 boilers, 45,000 hp (33,556 kW)|
|Speed:||32 knots (37 mph; 59 km/h)|
|Range:||4,000 nmi (7,400 km) at 18 kn (33 km/h)|
HNLMS Gelderland (D811) (Dutch language: Hr.Ms. Gelderland ) was a destroyer of the Holland class. The ship was in service with the Royal Netherlands Navy from 1955 to 1973. The destroyer was named after the Dutch province of Gelderland and was the twenty-first ship with this name. In 1973 the ship was taken out of service, after which it was given a berth in Amsterdam for the Technical Training Royal Navy (TOKM) school. During her service the ship's radio call sign was "PARY". The ship was sold for scrapping in 1988.
HNLMS Gelderland was one of four Holland-class destroyers and built at the Wilton-Fijenoord yard in Vlissingen. The keel laying took place on 10 March 1951 and the launching on 19 September 1953. The ship was put into service on 17 August 1955.
After being decommissioned in 1973, Gelderland was given a position as an instruction vessel on the quay of the Marine Etablissement Amsterdam for the Technical Training Royal Navy (TOKM) school. The ship has laid at the quay between 1973 and 1988, after which it got sold to a scrap company in Zaandam. This company scrapped the ship in 1993.
- Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1947–1995
- "Gelderland (D811)". www.navyinside.nl. http://www.navyinside.nl/frontpage/gelderland_d811. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Hollandklasse onderzeebootjagers". www.marineschepen.nl. 27 January 2014. https://marineschepen.nl/schepen/onderzeebootjagers-holland.html. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Hr. Ms. Gelderland D 811". www.onzevloot.weebly.com. http://onzevloot.weebly.com/hrms-gelderland-d-811.html. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- Amstel, W.H.E. van (1991). De schepen van de Koninklijke Marine vanaf 1945. Alkmaar: De Alk. ISBN 9060139976.
- Brobbel, Henk (2008). Hr. Ms. Holland: de parel van het eskader. Soest: Boekscout VOF. ISBN 9789088342820.
- Gardiner, Robert, ed (1995). Conway's all the World's Fighting Ships 1947–1995. London: Conway Maritime. ISBN 0-85177-605-1. OCLC 34284130. Also published as Gardiner, Robert; Chumbley, Stephen; Budzbon, Przemysław (1995). Conway's all the World's Fighting Ships 1947–1995. Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 1-55750-132-7. OCLC 34267261.
- Mark, Chris (2005). Onderzeebootjagers van de Holland- en Friesland-klasse. Amsterdam: Stichting Vrienden van de Koninklijke Marine. ISBN 9051230044.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|