|Career (United Kingdom)|
|Builder:||Marine Specialised Technology, Merseyside|
|Laid down:||July 2020|
|Homeport:||PJOB Gibraltar/HQ British Forces Gibraltar|
|Class & type:||Cutlass-class patrol vessel|
|Propulsion:||Three Volvo D13 engines; triple MJP 350X waterjets|
|Speed:||41 knots (76 km/h; 47 mph)|
|Complement:||6 personnel + up to 6 passengers|
3 × general purpose machine guns (bow & stern-mounted)1 × .50 machine gun
HMS Cutlass is a Cutlass-class patrol vessel fast patrol boat of the British Royal Navy. She is a fast patrol boat with a maximum speed around 41 knots (76 km/h; 47 mph) designed for sovereignty protection and coastal security duties. She arrived in Gibraltar in November 2021 after undergoing sea trials in Liverpool. The boat was formally handed over to the Royal Navy in March 2022.
Along with HMS Dagger, she is replacing the Scimitar-class patrol vessels in Gibraltar. The Scimitar-class boats were deployed in Gibraltar after 2003 but were withdrawn from the territory in 2020, being then replaced by two Archer-class boats on an interim basis until the arrival of the Cutlass-class vessels.
Cutlass was commissioned on 4 May 2022.
- Scott, Richard (24 July 2020). "MST wins UK MoD contract for new Gibraltar fast patrol craft". Janes.com. https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/mst-wins-uk-mod-contract-for-new-gibraltar-fast-patrol-craft.
- "Marine Specialised Technology (MST) Selects MJP Waterjets for UK Mod Gibraltar Squadron Contact". Marine Jet Power. 11 August 2020. https://marinejetpower.com/news/marine-specialised-technology-mst-selects-mjp-waterjets-for-uk-mod-gibraltar-squadron-contract/.
- "Royal Navy's HMS Cutlass Jet-propelled Patrol Vessels Completes Initial Trials". 16 November 2021. https://militaryleak.com/2021/11/17/royal-navys-hms-cutlass-jet-propelled-patrol-vessels-completes-initial-trials/.
- "HMS CUTLASS, HSC - Details and current position - MMSI 232035463 - VesselFinder". https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/HMS-CUTLASS-IMO-0-MMSI-232035463.
- "HMS Cutlass, Gibraltar Squadron's new patrol boat, undergoes sea trials". https://www.chronicle.gi/hms-cutlass-gibraltar-squadrons-new-patrol-boat-undergoes-sea-trials/.
- "Royal Navy Gib Squadron Welcomes HMS Cutlass". https://www.yourgibraltartv.com/society/24529-royal-navy-gib-squadron-welcomes-hms-cutlass.
- "Gibraltar Squadron Welcomes HMS Cutlass". 1 March 2022. https://seawaves.com/?p=19576.
- MODGibraltar (04 May 2022). "Today HMS Cutlass was officially commissioned at @RNGibSqn". https://twitter.com/MODGibraltar/status/1521809551053438976.