|Career (Cayman Islands)|
|Laid down:||7 March 2005|
|In service:||4 July 2006|
|Out of service:||2016|
|Status:||Sold to UK Border Force|
|Career (United Kingdom)|
|Owner:||UK Border Force|
|Class & type:||Coastal Patrol Vessel|
|Length:||17.75 m (58.2 ft)|
|Beam:||5.63 m (18.5 ft)|
|Draught:||0.9 m (3.0 ft)|
|Installed power:||1,288 kW (1,727 hp)|
|Range:||150 nmi (280 km)|
HMC Eagle is a Border Force coastal patrol vessel of the United Kingdom, formerly Iain, an Autonomous Rescue and Recovery Craft operated by BP. She was originally built by Holyhead Marine, Holyhead and Delta Marine, Stockport and was operated by BP as a rescue boat aboard larger offshore support vessels. Iain was acquired by the UK Border Force in June 2016 and renamed HMC Eagle.
Eagle is one of eight coastal patrol vessels of the UK Border Force. Built in 2006 Eagle was originally named Iain and served as an Autonomous Rescue and Recovery Craft in the North Sea for offshore projects. Iain was operated as a daughter craft from a larger offshore support vessel and launched when needed via a davit. The design includes a deep-vee hull design constructed from fibre-reinforced plastic. The design is also self-righting and can return to the upright position if capsized.
After service with BP from 2006 to 2016, Iain was sold to the UK Border Force for use as a coastal patrol vessel. The vessel was renamed Eagle and entered service in June 2016.
Eagle is fitted with twin Caterpillar C18 engines driving twin water jets through a pair of reduction gearboxes. The total installed power of 1,288 kW (1,727 hp) gives Eagle a top speed of 34 knots (63 km/h) in calm seas, or up to 24 knots (44 km/h) in seas with up to 7 metres significant wave height.
- Fryer, David; Gorrie, John; Graville, Paul (Winter 2007). "Pieces of a Jigsaw - The Development of BP’s New Platform Support and Rescue System for the North Sea". p. 54. http://www.thejot.net/?page_id=837&show_article_preview=59. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "ARRC04 - Patrol Vessel". https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/ARRC04-IMO-9335575-MMSI-319390000. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- Sheldrick, Giles (17 October 2016). "Patrol boat deployed in English Channel as Calais 'Jungle' prepares to be demolished". http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/722151/patrol-boat-HM-Eagle-English-Channel-Calais-migrant-Jungle-camp. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "IHS Maritime Portal". http://maritime.ihs.com/. Retrieved 2017-08-10.
- Commander Aviation Services (30 August 2011). "A Review of UK Search and Rescue Provision for Offshore Renewable Energy Projects". p. 71. https://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/media/501906/km-in-hs-safety-032011-a-review-of-uk-search-and-rescue-provision-for-offshore-renewable-energy-projects.pdf#page=71. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- Feheley, A (13 September 2017). "Freedom of Information Request 45061". https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/425569/response/1037152/attach/html/4/45061%20Keir%20Gravil%20v2.pdf.html. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|