We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Place of origin||South Africa|
|Used by||South Africa, Oman, United Arab Emirates|
|Wars||South African Border War|
|Weight||46,500 kg (46.5 Ton)|
|Length||10.4 m (34 ft 1 in)|
|Width||3.5 m (11 ft 6 in)|
|Height||3.4 m (11 ft 2 in)|
3–5 (G6-52 Extended Range)
|Rate of fire||G6-52: 8 rpm|
G6 M1A3: 6 rpm
Sustained: 2 rpm
|Effective range||Standard: 30 km (19 mi)|
Base bleed: 39 km (24 mi)
V-LAP: 52.5 km (32.6 mi)
M9703A1: 67 km (42 mi)
|1 x 155mm T6 L/52 (Caliber: 155mm - Scope estimated 33Km to 42Km)|
525 hp (391.49 kW)
|Road: 700 km (430 mi)|
Off-road: 350 km (220 mi)
|Speed||Road: 85 km/h (53 mph)|
Off-road: 30 km/h (19 mph)
In addition to the logistical mobility afforded by a wheeled chassis, the G6 is protected against counter battery fire and is able to defend itself in an unsecured area.
- Maximum range:
- 30,000 m with standard HE rounds,
- 39,000 m with HE base bleed rounds, and
- 42,000 m with HE base bleed rounds (BB—fired from G6-52)
- 50,000 m with HE base bleed rounds (BB—fired from G6-52 Extended Range)
- 52,500 m with a special velocity-enhanced Long Range Projectile (V-LAP—fired from G6).
- 58,000 m with a special velocity-enhanced Long Range Projectile (V-LAP—fired from G6-52).
- 67,450 m M9703A1 V-LAP round (tested successfully to 73,000 m by Denel in G6-52 Extended Range platform)
- Minimum range: 3,000 m.
- Rate of fire: 4 round/min, 2 round/min sustained.
- Ammunition: 155 mm ERFB. 47 rounds, 50 charges, 64 primers and fuzes.
- Accuracy: 0.1% of range in azimuth, 0.48% of range in range.
- In 2012 four rounds of M982 Excalibur precision guided munitions were fired to a range of 38 km, all landing within 5 m of the target.
- G6 M1A3: Exported UAE version
- G6-52 (23 litre chamber)
- G6-52 Extended Range (25 litre chamber)
- Reduced crew to 3–5;
- can fire projectile up to 67 km at a rate of fire of eight rounds/minute;
- increased off-road speeds to nearly 70 km/h;
- implemented Multiple Rounds Simultaneous Impact (MRSI) technology and can land six (G6-52L variant) or five (G6-52) rounds simultaneously at targets up to 25 km away; and
- is currently undergoing extensive trials.
- G6 Marksman: a British SPAAG version, combining the G6's base vehicle with the Marksman turret.
- South Africa: 43 systems. Also known as the GV6 Rhino within the South African National Defence Force
- United Arab Emirates: 78 systems
- Oman: 24 systems
- "Weapon systems: Artillery - GV6". South African Army. http://www.army.mil.za/equipment/weaponsystems/artillery/GV6_115mm_MK1_Gun_Howitzer_Propelled.htm. Retrieved 4 January 2010.
- Greeff, I.B. (June 1992). "South Africa's Modern Long Tom". The South African Military History Society. ISSN 0026-4016. http://samilitaryhistory.org/vol091ig.html.
- "Denel in UK gun link-up". Flightglobal.com. September 2004. pp. 10. ISSN 0015-3710.
- "G6 155mm Self Propelled Howitzer, South Africa". army-technology.com. http://www.army-technology.com/projects/g6/. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- "G6 Rhino 155mm SELF-PROPELLED GUN-HOWITZER". GlobalSecurity.org. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/rsa/g6.htm. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to G6 howitzer.|
- G6 profile from FAS
- G6 profile from army-technology.com
- G6-52 Press Overview
- Denel G6-52 official web page
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|