|Born||30 January 1922(age 100)|
|Place of birth||Romania|
|Years of service||1940–1945|
8th SS Cavalry Division Florian Geyer
|Battles/wars||World War II|
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
German Cross in Gold
Iron Cross 1st Class
Iron Cross 2nd Class
Close Combat Clasp in Gold
Eastern Front Medal
Friedrich Buck (born 30 January 1922) was an Oberscharführer (Staff Sergeant) in the Waffen SS during World War II. He was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. This was awarded to recognize extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership by Nazi Germany during World War II. He was also one of only 631 men to be awarded the very rare Close Combat Clasp in Gold for 50 days hand to hand combat.
Buck was awarded the Knight's Cross on the 27 January 1945 as commander of the 5th Squadron, 15th SS Cavalry Regiment, 8th SS Cavalry Division Florian Geyer.
- Berger 2004, p. 6.
- Florian Berger (2004), Ritterkreuzträger mit Nahkampfspange in Gold, ISBN 3-9501307-3-X
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer. Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas, 2000. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Mitcham, Jr.Samuel, Retreat to the Reich, Stackpole books 2007. ISBN 0-8117-3384-X
- Mitcham Samuel, The German Defeat in the East, 1944-45,Stackpole Books, 2007. ISBN 0-8117-3371-8
- "Freid gmacht—Alte Kameraden von der Waffen-SS ehrten im bayrischen Sonthofen einen Kampfgefährten von einst mit dem Ritterkreuz." (in Germany). Der Spiegel 22/1976. http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-41213414.html. Retrieved 16 February 2013.