|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates|
January 1982 – January 13, 2010
|Preceded by||Richard D. Guy|
|Succeeded by||John Cox|
|Born||Frank DuVal Hargrove|
January 26, 1927 (age 94)
|Spouse(s)||Oriana Dale Robertson|
|Children||Dale, Frank Jr., Stewart, Wellesley|
|Residence||Hanover County, Virginia|
|Alma mater||Virginia Tech|
|Service/branch||United States Army Air Forces|
|Years of service||1943–1945|
Frank DuVal Hargrove, Sr. (born January 13, 1927) is an American politician. From 1982 to 2010 he served in the Virginia House of Delegates, representing the 55th district in the northeast suburbs of Richmond, in and around Hanover County.
On January 26, 2009, Hargrove announced that he would not run for reelection.
Hargrove supported expansion of the death penalty early in his career. At one point, he proposed a return to public hangings as a way to increase the value of the death penalty as a deterrent. Beginning in 2001, he began introducing annual bills to abolish or restrict the death penalty, saying that life without parole was a sufficient and cheaper alternative.
- "Delegate Frank Hargrove; Virginia House of Delegates; About Frank". Archived from the original on May 19, 2008. https://web.archive.org/web/20080519170216/http://www.hargroveforhouse.com/index.htm. Retrieved 2008-11-18.
- "Virginia House of Delegates; Session 2009; Hargrove, Frank D., Sr.". Virginia House of Delegates. http://dela.state.va.us/dela/Membios.nsf/94f6e9b9c9b5678f85256b1b00732227/95b7a5088b6c848f852576650050bafc?OpenDocument. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Whitley, Tyler. "Hanover Del. Hargrove won’t run again". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Archived from the original on 2012-09-18. https://archive.is/20120918145450/http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/HARG_20090126-111416/188880/. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- "Del. Frank Hargrove, R-Hanover, recently entered HB 1827, which would abolish the death penalty. We asked him about it.". Style Weekly. 2001-01-31. http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/del-frank-hargrove-r-hanover-recently-entered-hb-1827-which-would-abolish-the-death-penalty-we-asked-him-about-it/Content?oid=1377469. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- Koch, Larry Wayne, Colin D. Wark and John F. Galliher (2012). The Death of the American Death Penalty: States Still Leading the Way. UPNE. p. 145. https://books.google.com/books?id=oqlmlPLPodQC&pg=PA145&lpg=PA145&dq=frank+hargrove+death+penalty&source=bl&ots=XApjHMMaMn&sig=B-xgtdwRd29PwkmgWWXM0k99mgc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=0Ce3UcePLNez4APeooHwCA&ved=0CFQQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=frank%20hargrove%20death%20penalty&f=false. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Virginia House of Delegates; Frank D. Hargrove, Sr.". http://dela.state.va.us/dela/MemBios.nsf/a7b082ef6ed01eac85256c0d00515644/62c7f4f36098f6818525738a0052b644?OpenDocument. Retrieved 2008-11-18.
- Delegate Frank Hargrove; Virginia House of Delegates (Constituent/campaign website)
- "Virginia Public Access Project; Frank D Hargrove". http://www.vpap.org/candidates/profile/home/21. Retrieved 2008-11-18.
- "Virginia State Board of Elections; Election Information; Election Results". Archived from the original on 2010-06-17. https://web.archive.org/web/20100617084700/http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/cms/Election_Information/Election_Results/Index.html. Retrieved 2008-11-18.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|