The III Corps was responsible for the area stretching from the German XXXVI Corps in Lapland to the 14th Division near Rukajärvi.
The corps advanced towards Uhtua and Kiestinki. After the German advance in the north had stalled the corps was reinforced with SS Division Nord. This attack stalled too and the corps was never able to reach its goal, the Murmansk railroad.
In 1944 the corps was moved to the Karelian Isthmus, without its German components.
- 3rd Division
- SS Division Nord - attached on 19 July 1941
- Panzer-Abteilung 40 - attached on 19 July 1941
- Division J - Divisioona J, disbanded in 1942
- Border Guard battalion 8 - Rajajääkäripataljoona 8
- Border Guard battalion 9 - Rajajääkäripataljoona 9
- List of Finnish corps in the Continuation War
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|