Nethersole was educated at Sutton Valence School and Emmanuel College, Cambridge and was commissioned into the Royal Irish Regiment in 1889. In 1890 he transferred to the 17th Bengal Infantry. From 1892 to 1897 he served with the Burma Military Police. He served with the Burma Commission from 1898 onwards, his final posting being as Deputy Commissioner of Tharrawaddy in the Pegu Division until his retirement in 1921.
He was appointed Companion of the Order of the Indian Empire (CIE) in the 1920 New Year Honours.
- Indian Army List January 1908
- "Nethersole, Frederick Ralph (NTRL884FR)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge. http://venn.lib.cam.ac.uk/cgi-bin/search.pl?sur=&suro=c&fir=&firo=c&cit=&cito=c&c=all&tex=%22NTRL884FR%22&sye=&eye=&col=all&maxcount=50.
- Indian Army List January 1919
- "No. 31712". 30 December 1919. p. 5. https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/31712/supplement/5
- Obituary, The Times, 11 July 1933
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|