|Dipl.-Ing. Ernst Bolbrinker|
|Born||23 October 1898|
|Died||2 July 1962(aged 63)|
|Place of birth||Graz, Austria|
|Place of death||Bielefeld|
German Empire (to 1918)|
Weimar Republic (to 1920)
|Years of service||
|Commands held||I./Panzer-Regiment 5|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Dipl.-Ing. Ernst Bolbrinker[Notes 1] (23 October 1898 – 2 July 1962) was a highly decorated Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Ernst Bolbrinker was captured in 1945 and was released in 1947.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (7 August 1917)
- 1st Class (5 August 1918)
- The Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Sudetenland Medal
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (1 October 1939)
- 1st Class (17 April 1941)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (20 May 1941)
- Panzer Badge in Silver (17 April 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 15 May 1941 as Major and commander of I./Panzer-Regiment 5 
- Ärmelband Afrika
- Silver Medal of Military Valour
- In German an engineer's degree is called Diplom-Ingenieur (abbreviated Dipl.-Ing.)
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 118.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|