The Embraer EMB-312 Tucano is one of the most successful aircraft of Embraer. Several hundred of these aircraft were sold to many countries and among its users is the Royal Air Force.
The version for the RAF is equipped with Garrett TPE331 engine. Either Britain or Egypt, this aircraft manufactured under license from EmbraerThe EMB-312 Tucano is a low-wing monoplane, medium-advanced training, which began to be drawn in 1978 seconds specification of the Brazilian Air Force.
This type of plane appears as replacement of the smallest and oldest trainer aircraft assembled by Embraer and other aeronautical industry during the '70s. The EMB-312 is designed to allow the use of latest technologies, should be a basic trainer to become an advanced trainer.
The EMB-312 was an export success, being sold and manufactured under license in several countries like Great Britain, Egypt and France.
- Angolan Air Force operates 14 aircraft including six aircraft bought from Peru.
- Argentine Air Force received 30 aircraft.
- Colombian Air Force received 14 aircraft.
- Dominican Republic
- Dominican Air Force received 8 aircraft.
- Egyptian Air Force bought 54 aircraft with 40 produced under license by Helwan.
- French Air Force received 50 aircraft.
- Guatemalan Air Force received 14 aircraft.
- Honduran Air Force received 12 aircraft.
- IRGC Air Force received 15 aircraft.
- Iraqi Air Force bought 80 aircraft produced under licence by Helwan.
- Paraguayan Air Force received six aircraft.
- Peruvian Air Force bought 30 aircraft. Six of them were resold to Angola.
- Venezuelan Air Force received 31 aircraft
- Crew: 2
- Length: 9.86 m (32 ft 4 in)
- Wingspan: 11.14 m (36 ft 6 in)
- Height: 3.4 m (11 ft 2 in)
- Wing area: 19.4 m² (209 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 1,810 kg (3,990 lb)
- Loaded weight: lb (kg)
- Useful load: lb (kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 3,175 kg (7,000 lb)
- Powerplant: 1× Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-25C turboprop, 560 kW (750 hp)
- Maximum speed: 458 km/h (247 kt)
- Cruise speed: 347 km/h (187 kt)
- Stall speed: 67 kt (km/h)
- Range: 1916 km (1035 NM)
- Service ceiling: 9,150 m (30,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 2600 ft/min (13.20 m/s)
- Wing loading: 164 kg/m² (33.5 lb/ft²)
- Power/mass: 0.11 hp/lb (0.18 kW/kg) ()
- Guns: 12.7 mm (pod mounted on wing pylons)
- Rockets: Unguided rocket pods may be mounted on wing pylons.
- Bombs: May be mounted on wing pylons.
- Other: 4 under-wing pylons, total capacity 1,000 kg (2,200 lb)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|