|File:File:Davaa at Khan Quest.jpeg|
|Chief of the General Staff|
19 June 2015 – 14 November 2018
|Preceded by||Tserendejidiin Byambajav|
|Succeeded by||Rodnaabazar Sukhbat|
|Born||29 December 1963 (age 58)|
Selenge Province, Mongolian People's Republic
|Years of service||1981–Present|
Lieutenant General Dulamsürengiin Davaa (Mongolian language: Дуламсүрэнлин Даваа) is a Mongolian politician and military leader who was the former Chief of General Staff under Presidents Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj and Khaltmaagiin Battulga beginning in June 2015 until November 2018.
Davaa was born in December 1963 in the Mongolian People's Republic. He joined the Mongolian People's Army in 1981 at age 18, attending a training course at the Selenge Province Training Center. In 1994, he graduated from the St. Petersburg Railway Troops Military Transportation Institute of the Russian Army, graduating with a commission in operative tactics. That same year, he also studied at the Volsk High Rear Military School. In the years since then, he has headed the 162nd Food and Garment Unit, served in the National Defense University and headed financial and service departments in the General Staff. Following the resignation of Lieutenant General Tserendejidiin Byambajav, President Elbegdorj appointed Davaa to the post of Chief of the General Staff with the consent of the State Great Khural, concurrently being conferred to the rank of Major General. During his tenure, he was responsible for expanding ties with the Chinese People's Liberation Army, telling Air Force General Xu Qiliang during an October 2016 visit to Beijing that China–Mongolia military relations are a "priority" and sought to conduct more frequent joint exercises and cooperate at a higher level. President Khaltmaagiin Battulga relieved him of his duties in November 2018 in connection to his appointment of a different post.
- Sanders, Alan J. K. (25 August 2017). "Historical Dictionary of Mongolia". Rowman & Littlefield. https://books.google.com/books?id=UGwvDwAAQBAJ&pg=PR80&dq=Dulams%C3%BCrengiin+Davaa&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj249b7yYjjAhUMCM0KHamSCkMQ6AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=Dulams%C3%BCrengiin+Davaa&f=false.
- "Archived copy". http://news.mongolnow.com/18_06_02.html.
- Sanders, Alan J. K. (25 August 2017). "Historical Dictionary of Mongolia". Rowman & Littlefield. p. 70. https://books.google.com/books?id=UGwvDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA70&lpg=PA70&dq=Tsevegs%C3%BCrengiin+Togoo&source=bl&ots=G6BPbNQbdj&sig=ACfU3U33tlkI9XTHHt87Xd51zjdk8PgNpA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi2n6-Ev-_iAhUP26wKHUYeD98Q6AEwAHoECAIQAQ#v=onepage&q=Tsevegs%C3%BCrengiin+Togoo&f=false.
- "iToim.mn - ҮНЭНИЙ ТАЛД". http://itoim.mn/article/%D0%B6%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%BD-%D1%88%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B1%D1%8B%D0%BD-%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%B0%D1%80-%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BD-%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%B0%D0%B4-%D1%85%D0%BE%D1%88%D1%83%D1%83%D1%87/875.
- "PRESIDENT.MN". http://eng.president.mn/newsCenter/viewNews.php?newsId=1587.
- "ХОШУУЧ ГЕНЕРАЛ Д.ДАВАА: ЭХ ОРНЫХОО ТӨЛӨӨ, ЭР ЦЭРГИЙНХЭЭ ТӨЛӨӨ ХИЧЭЭЖ АЖИЛЛАНА- Монгол Улсын Засгийн Газар - Government of Mongolia". http://zasag.mn/news/view/10183.
- "China, Mongolia to strengthen military cooperation - Global Times". http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1011506.shtml.
- "New Government Continues Mongolia’s Rebalance to China". https://jamestown.org/program/new-government-continues-mongolias-rebalance-china/.
- "CHIEF OF THE GENERAL STAFF OF THE MONGOLIAN ARMED FORCES RELEASED FROM HIS DUTY". 14 November 2018. https://president.mn/en/2018/11/14/chief-of-the-general-staff-of-the-mongolian-armed-forces-released-from-his-duty/.
- "Archived copy". https://newspress.mn/v1/p/news/6982.
- "Жанжин штабын дарга Д.Даваа гэж хэн бэ?". http://vip76.mn/content/33075.
- "Archived copy". https://newspress.mn/v1/p/news/7049.
- [dead link]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|