|United States Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs|
|Succeeding||Carolyn Clancy (Acting)|
|Born||February 8, 1967 (age 55)|
Fort Lee, Virginia
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1988–1995|
Donald Michael Remy (born February 8, 1967) is an American attorney, retired military officer, and athletic administrator who is the nominee to serve as United States Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs in the Biden administration.
Remy earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and business administration from Louisiana State University in 1988 and a Juris Doctor from the Howard University School of Law in 1991.
Remy served in the United States Army, retiring with the rank of captain. From 1991 to 1995, he served as assistant to the General Counsel of the Army. Remy was a law clerk for Judge Nathaniel R. Jones of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and a senior associate attorney at O'Melveny & Myers. From 1997 to 2000, Remy served as a deputy assistant attorney general in the United States Department of Justice. From 2000 to 2006, Remy was the senior vice president, chief compliance officer, and general counsel for Fannie Mae. He was also a law partner at Latham & Watkins. In April 2009, Remy was nominated by President Barack Obama to be General Counsel of the Department of the Army. He appeared before the Senate Committee on Armed Services, but the nomination was withdrawn in June 2009 after the committee declined to advance it to the full Senate. In 2011, he joined the National Collegiate Athletic Association as chief operating officer and chief legal officer.
- "Biographical and Financial Information Requested of Nominees". Nominations Before the Senate Armed Services Committee, First Session, 111th Congress. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office. 2010. pp. 538–540. https://www.fas.org/irp/congress/2009_hr/nominate.pdf. Retrieved 2021-05-26.
- Staff, Times-Picayune. "LSU grad Donald Remy enjoys NCAA counsel job" (in en). https://www.nola.com/news/politics/article_94f245c9-f51f-55c3-89b6-37494ef62d2e.html.
- "President Biden Announces Six Key Administration Nominations" (in en-US). 2021-04-23. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/04/23/president-biden-announces-six-key-administration-nominations/.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (2016-01-15). "NCAA Leadership Team" (in en). http://www.ncaa.org/about/who-we-are/office-president/ncaa-leadership-team.
- "NCAA Promotes Sports Lawyer Donald Remy to Chief Operating Officer" (in en-US). 2019-04-05. https://sportslawexpert.com/2019/04/05/ncaa-promotes-sports-lawyer-donald-remy-to-chief-operating-officer/.
- "PN296 — 111th Congress (2009-2010) — Donald Michael Remy — Department of Defense". 2009-06-17. https://www.congress.gov/nomination/111th-congress/296.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|