September 2, 1935|
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
August 9, 2002 (aged 66)|
Los Angeles, California, USA
Don Chastain (September 2, 1935 – August 9, 2002) was an American actor, singer and screenwriter. He worked in television in Los Angeles and New York and toured the United States and Canada.
Chastain was born in Oklahoma City.
Chastain's Broadway credits include Parade (1998), 42nd Street (1980), "It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Superman" (1965), and No Strings (1961).
He played Jim Thompson in the NBC television comedy The Debbie Reynolds Show (1969-1970) and Scott Thomas in that network's comedy Hello, Larry (1979-1981).:450 In 1960, Chastain appeared as Gerald Wiley in the episode "Trial by Rope" of the ABC/Warner Brothers western series, Colt .45. The guest cast also included Pamela Duncan as Dora Lacey, and Lurene Tuttle as Lottie Strong. Other series in which Chastain appeared as a guest star include The Real McCoys, Rhoda, Maude, The Rockford Files, All My Children, Hawaii Five-O, The West Wing, Gunsmoke, and Scrubs, The Big Valley.
Chastain was a jazz singer and lyricist who served in the United States Army.
Chastain was married to Jill Diamond and had one son, Colin Chastain.
- No Strings (1962–1963)
- It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Superman (1966)
- 42nd Street (1980–1989)
- Dance a Little Closer (1983)
- "Floyd Collins (1997)
- Parade (1998–1999)
- "Don Chastain Continues To Move Up". The Gastonia Gazette. North Carolina, Gastonia. January 26, 1970. p. 11. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/9227644/the_gastonia_gazette/. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- "("Don Chastain" search results)". Playbill. http://www.playbill.com/searchpage/search?shows=on&people=on&theatres=on&q=Don+Chastain&qasset=00000150-ac81-d16d-a550-ecbff9510002. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- Terrace, Vincent (2011). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010 (2nd ed.). Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers. p. 247. ISBN 978-0-7864-6477-7.
- "Colt .45". ctva.biz. http://ctva.biz/US/Western/Colt45.htm. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- Don Chastain at the Internet Movie Database
- Don Chastain at the Internet Broadway Database
- Don Chastain at Find a Grave
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|