December 26, 1929|
|Died||March 25, 1991(aged 61)|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||155 lb (70 kg; 11.1 st)|
John Richard Knight (December 26, 1929 – March 25, 1991) was an American professional golfer.
Knight was born in Omaha, Nebraska. He played college golf at Oklahoma A&M.
Knight work as a club pro in Hawaii, where he won the Hawaiian Open and Hawaiian PGA Championship in 1952, in San Diego, California, and at Field Club of Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska. He also played on the PGA Tour. His best finish in a major was 10th at the 1959 U.S. Open. He opened the tournament with a 69 to tie for the lead with Ben Hogan, Dow Finsterwald, and Gene Littler.
- 1952 Hawaiian Open, Hawaiian PGA Championship
- 1956 Arizona Open
- 1958 California State Open, Northern California Open
- 1960 Iowa Open
- "Knight Remembered". Omaha, Nebraska. April 14, 1991. p. 13C.
- "Lead in U.S. Open Golf Shared by Four With 69". Windsor, Ontario, Canada. June 12, 1959. p. 31. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=IDY_AAAAIBAJ&sjid=7VAMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2924,6115734&dq=dick-knight+golf+hawaii&hl=en. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- Nebraska Amateur Championship History
- "Bolt Leads Field By Two Strokes". Modesto, California. January 17, 1953. p. 13. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ms40AAAAIBAJ&sjid=EYYFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5154,3090286&dq=dick-knight+golf+hawaiian&hl=en. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- John Richard Knight at Find a Grave
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|