|Democratic Karen Benevolent Army|
|Commander in Chief||
Bo Nat Khann Mway|
(Saw Lah Pwe)
|Headquarters||Sonesee Myaing, Myawaddy Township|
|Political wing||Klo Htoo Baw|
The Democratic Karen Benevolent Army (Burmese language: ဒီမိုကရက်တစ်ကရင်အကျိုးပြုတပ်မတော်), also known as DKBA-5 and the Democratic Karen Buddhist Army - Brigade 5, is an armed insurgent group in Myanmar. The group is led by Bo Nat Khann Mway, also known as Saw Lah Pwe, and split from the original Democratic Karen Buddhist Army in 2010. The group is loosely affiliated with the Karen National Union.
During the 2010 general election, the DKBA-5 attacked government troops and security forces in Myawaddy Township, Kayin State. The group signed a ceasefire agreement with the government on 3 November 2011, though they have not agreed to disarming, unlike their DKBA predecessors in 2010.
- Internal conflict in Myanmar
- List of insurgent groups in Myanmar
- List of political and military organisations in Myanmar
- Myanmar Peace Monitor: Stakeholders - DKBA-5
- "Myanmar rebel armies join forces". Al-Jazeera English. 12 November 2010. http://english.aljazeera.net/video/asia-pacific/2010/11/2010111245020326197.html. Retrieved 12 November 2010.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|