|Constantin Baron Digeon von Monteton|
|Born||February 28, 1886|
|Died||27 June 1944(aged 58)|
|Place of birth||Bernburg|
|Place of death||Lepiel, Soviet Union|
German Empire (to 1918)|
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||
|Commands held||Armeewaffenschule of the 3. Panzer-Armee|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Constantin Baron Digeon von Monteton (28 February 1886 – 27 June 1944) was a highly decorated Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Constantin Baron Digeon von Monteton was killed on 27 June 1944 near Lepiel, Soviet Union during the Vitebsk–Orsha Offensive. He was posthumously awarded the Knight's Cross and promoted to Generalmajor.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- Cross of Honor
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (22 September 1939)
- 1st Class (26 May 1940)
- Infantry Assault Badge (28 August 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal
- German Cross in Gold (9 July 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 14 August 1944 as Generalmajor and commander of Armeewaffenschule of the 3. Panzer-Armee
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 136.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches]. Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.