|Conspicuous Service Cross|
Medal and ribbon
|Awarded by Australia|
|Eligibility||Members of the Australian Defence Force and Officers & Instructors of the Australian Defence Force Cadets|
|Awarded for||outstanding commitment to duty or outstanding application of exceptional skills, judgment or dedication, in non-war-like situations |
|Established||18 October 1989|
|Last awarded||2013 Queen's Birthday Honours|
|Order of Wear|
|Next (higher)||Member of the Royal Victorian Order|
|Next (lower)||Nursing Service Cross|
|Related||Conspicuous Service Medal|
The Conspicuous Service Cross (authorised Post-nominal letters CSC) is a decoration (medal) of the Australian Honours System. The CSC is awarded only for outstanding devotion to duty, or outstanding achievement in the application of exceptional skills, judgment or dedication, in non-warlike situations. Since its inception 731 had been awarded as at 30 June 2010. All ranks are eligible for the award.
- The medal is a nickel-silver modified Maltese Cross with each axis measuring 38 millimetres, ensigned with the Crown of Saint Edward in nickel-silver, with the arms of the cross interspersed with fluted rays. The obverse bears a central device of the Southern Cross surrounded by a laurel wreath.
- The back of the cross shows a horizontal panel.
- The ribbon is 32 millimetres wide, having alternating diagonal stripes of bush green and sandy gold 6 millimetres wide.
- Additional awards of the CSC wear a nickel-silver bar with a superimposed replica of the cross. The bar is attached to the ribbon of the original award.
- Australian Honours System
- Australian Honours Order of Precedence
- Post Nominal Letters
- Category:Recipients of the Conspicuous Service Cross (Australia)
- Medal Yearbook 2013. Honiton, Devon: Token. 2013. p. 383. ISBN 978-1-908-828-00-2.
- Maton 1995, p. 78.
- Maton, Michael (1995). The National Honours & Awards of Australia. Kenthurst, NSW: Kangaroo Press. ISBN 0-86417-679-1.
- It's an Honour - Australian government website
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|