|Canada General Service Medal|
Ribbon: red-white-red stripes
Awarded by Canada|
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
|Eligibility||Imperial and Canadian forces|
|Awarded for||Campaign service.|
|Description||Silver disk 36 mm wide|
The Canada General Service Medal was a Canadian campaign medal awarded to both Imperial and Canadian forces for duties related to the Fenian raids between 1866 and 1871. The medal was not issued until 1899 and had to be applied for.
- FENIAN RAID 1866
- For services related to the Fenian raids of 1866.
- RED RIVER 1870
- For services related to the suppression of the Red River Rebellion.
- FENIAN RAID 1870
- For services related to the Fenian raids of 1870.
- Spencer 2006, p. 53
- "War Medals (1866-1918) - Canadian General Service Medal (1866 - 1870)". Veteran Affairs Canada. http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/remembers/sub.cfm?source=collections/cmdp/mainmenu/group03/cgsm. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- Spencer, William (2006). Medals - The Researcher's Guide. Richmond, Surrey, England: The National Archives. ISBN 1-903365-63-5.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|