|Dr. jur. Bruno Franz Arnold Anton Freiherr von Brackel|
|Born||December 20, 1911|
|Died||13 August 1941(aged 29)|
|Place of birth||Kassel|
|Place of death||Korsun-Shevchenkivskyi, Ukraine|
|Years of service||1934 - 1941|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Dr. jur. Bruno Franz Arnold Anton Freiherr von Brackel[Note 1] (20 December 1911 – 13 August 1941) was a highly decorated Hauptmann in the Wehrmacht during World War II and a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Bruno Freiherr von Brackel was killed on 13 August 1941, near Korsun-Shevchenkivskyi, Ukraine. He was posthumously awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 23 August 1941 and was later promoted to Hauptmann.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (23 September 1939)
- 1st Class (9 July 1940)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross Knight's Cross on 23 August 1941 as Oberleutnant and leader of the 4. / Panzer-Regiment 15
- In German a Doctor of Law is abbreviated as Dr. iur. (Doctor iuris) or Dr. jur. (Doctor juris). Regarding personal names: Freiherr is a former title (translated as Baron), which is now legally a part of the last name. The female forms are Freifrau and Freiin.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 120.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.