The Battle of Pickett's Mill was fought on May 27, 1864, in Paulding County, Georgia, during the American Civil War between Union and Confederate forces. Union Maj. Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman attempted an attack on the right flank of Confederate Gen. Joseph E. Johnston. After the Union defeat at New Hope Church, Sherman ordered Maj. Gen. Oliver O. Howard to attack Johnston's seemingly exposed right flank. The Confederates were ready for the attack, which did not unfold as planned because supporting troops never appeared. The Confederates repulsed the attack causing high casualties.
The address of Pickett's Mill Battlefield Historic Site is 4432 Mt. Tabor Church Rd, Dallas, Georgia 30157
- North Georgia History page
- National Park Service battle description
- "Pickett's Mill Battlefield Historic Site". Georgia State Parks. Archived from the original on 20 August 2010. http://web.archive.org/web/20100820075151/http://www.georgiastateparks.org/info/picketts/. Retrieved 2010-08-27.
- Pickett's Mill at Civil War Virtual Tours
- Battle of Pickett's Mill
- Paulding County Historical Society & Museum
- The Ambrose Bierce Project
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|