|Battle of Chappar Chiri|
|Part of Mughal-Sikh Wars|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Wazir Khan (Sirhind) †|
|Casualties and losses|
The Battle of Chappar Chiri was fought between Mughal Empire and the Sikhs in May,1710.
The Mughal and Sikh forces met outside Sirhind in a village named Chappar Chiri. The Mughals were armed with artillery, well equipped cavalry and large infantry whereas the Sikhs had cavalry and infantry but no artillery. In the battle,Sikhs gave a crushing blow to the mughal empire.Wazir Khan (Sirhind) was killed in the battle and Sikhs established their first Raj in Punjab.
- A Bollywood animated film Chaar Sahibzaade: Rise of Banda Singh Bahadur which was released on 11th November, 2016 depicts the battle of Chappar Chiri.
- Fateh burj is the highest victory tower constructed in remembrance of this battle.
- Fenech, E. Louis; Mcleod, H. W.. Historical Dictionary of Sikhism. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 80. ISBN 978-1-4422-3601-1. https://books.google.com/books?id=xajcAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA80.
- Sagoo, Harbans (2001). Banda Singh Bahadur and Sikh Sovereignty. Deep & Deep Publications. https://books.google.com/books/about/Banda_Singh_Bahadur_and_Sikh_Sovereignty.html?id=MIL4xwcCmxkC&redir_esc=y.
- Jacques, Tony. Dictionary of Battles and Sieges. Greenwood Press. p. 948. ISBN 978-0-313-33536-5. https://books.google.com/books?id=06k5ygAACAAJ.
- Jacques, p. 948
- John Clark Marshman (1863). "Nadir Shah". The History of India. Serampore Press. p. 185. https://books.google.com/books?id=OHcIAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA185&dq=nadir+shah+India&hl=en&ei=AIzLTqKcKITnrAeapInnDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=nadir%20shah%20India&f=false.
- P Dhavan (2011). When Sparrows Became Hawks: The Making of the Sikh Warrior Tradition, 1699-1799. Oxford University Press. p. 53. ISBN 978-0-19-975655-1. https://books.google.com/books?id=-7HJ5idB8_QC.
- Mehta, J. L. (2005). Advanced study in the history of modern India 1707–1813. Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd. p. 251. ISBN 978-1-932705-54-6. https://books.google.com/books?id=d1wUgKKzawoC&lpg=PP1&pg=PA8#v=onepage&q&f=false. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- "Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News". Bollywood Hungama. 2017-02-10. http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/features/type/view/id/10632. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- "Poster launch:Chaar Sahibzaade 2 – Rise of Banda Bahadur". Thehansindia.com. 2016-06-02. http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/index/Cinema/2016-06-02/Poster-launchChaar-Sahibzaade-2--Rise-of-Banda-Bahadur/232222. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- "Chaar Sahibzade - Rise of Banda Singh Bahadur". PunjabiPollywood.com. 2016-01-02. http://punjabipollywood.com/historical-movie-chaar-sahibzaade-rise-of-banda-singh-bahadur-release-date-announced/. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- "Badal inaugurates tallest victory tower". 30 November 2011. http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5638227. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Bajwa, Harpreet (1 December 2011). "Fateh Burj, India’s tallest victory tower, thrown open". http://www.indianexpress.com/news/fateh-burj-india-s-tallest-victory-tower-thrown-open/882669. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Fateh Burj, monument built in commemoration of this battle
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|