|Australian Cadet Forces Service Medal|
File:Australian Cadet Forces Service Medal.png|
Obverse of medal (with bar) and ribbon
|Awarded by Australia|
|Type||Long Service Medal|
|Eligibility||officers and instructors in the Australian Defence Force Cadets|
|Awarded for||15 years service|
|Clasps||every 5 years additional service|
|Established||15 December 1999|
|Next (higher)||Australian Defence Medal|
|Next (lower)||Champion Shots Medal|
|Related||Cadet Forces Medal (Commonwealth)|
- 40 years|
Ribbon with Rosette(s) (top four),
Ribbon with Federation Star (bottom)
The Australian Cadet Forces Service Medal is awarded to recognise long and efficient service by officers and instructors in the Australian Defence Force Cadets. It is awarded for 15 years service. Additional clasps are issued for every 5 years additional service.
Recipients of the Australian Cadet Forces Service Medal do not earn an entitlement to use post-nominal letters.
- The Australian Cadet Forces Service Medal features the old Cadet Forces emblem, which is encircled by the words 'Australian Cadet Forces Service Medal'. The medal is cupro-nickel and is ensigned with the Crown of Saint Edward.
- The reverse shows a Federation Star with a central blank panel.
- The 32 millimetre-wide ribbon features vertical stripes of the traditional long service medal colours, gold and azure-blue. This central panel is flanked by stripes of blue, red and navy, which represent links with the Royal Australian Air Force, the Australian Army and the Royal Australian Navy.
- The clasp is a cupro-nickel bar with the Royal Cypher flanked by sprigs of wattle in the centre. When the ribbon is worn alone, the award of a clasp is indicated by the addition of a cupro-nickel round rosette or a silver miniature Federation Star.
The Australian Cadet Forces Service Medal is awarded to Officers and Instructors of the Australian Navy Cadets, Australian Army Cadets and the Australian Air Force Cadets. Time spent on the Un-attached list does not count towards the ACFSM.
Other Australian Long Service awards
Other Australian Long Service awards include:
- Reserve Force Decoration (RFD)
- Reserve Force Medal
- Defence Force Service Medal
- Defence Long Service Medal
- National Medal
- Medal Yearbook 2013. Honiton, Devon: Token. 2013. p. 399. ISBN 978-1-908-828-00-2.
- "The Order of Wearing of Australian Honours and Awards". Government House. http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/honours/awards/docs/order_of_wearing.pdf. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|