Army engineering maintenance consists of those engineers, technicians,and military organizations responsible for the expert repair and maintenance of army vehicles, weapon systems, and other equipment. Army engineering maintenance should not be confused with military engineering which is distinctly separate and analogous to civil engineering while the former analogous to mechanical engineering and electrical engineering.
Operational and tactical level focus
At the operational and tactical levels, army engineering maintenance is focused on the repair and scheduled maintenance work required to keep army equipment fleets operational.
Stratigic level focus
At the strategic level, army engineering maintenance is closely linked to military logistics. At this level, it includes work such as the design, development, and testing of new vehicles and weapon systems. It also includes lifecycle management activities once new systems become operational.
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Branch
- Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
- Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
- Pakistan Army Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Motor transport
- Armoured recovery vehicle
- Systems engineering
- Other types of engineering in the military
- Military engineering
- Marine engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Communication Systems Engineer
- Weapons engineering
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|