Alvis Stormer is a modern military armoured vehicle manufactured by the British company, Alvis Vickers, now BAE Systems Global Combat Systems.
Like most modern AFVs, Stormer can be produced in several different configurations for different battlefield roles. It is marketed by BAE as being fitted with many combinations such as a two-person turret armed with a 25 mm cannon, Air defence (with guns or missiles); engineer vehicle; recovery vehicle; ambulance; mine layer; 81 mm or 120 mm mortar carrier; command and control vehicle; bridge layer; and a logistics vehicle. Optional equipment, includes a nuclear-biological-chemical protection system; an amphibious kit; passive night-vision equipment; and an air-conditioning system
Specific types are:
Flat bed Stormer
A transport version of the Stormer with a flat load bed is used to carry the Shielder minelaying system.
Stormer 30 is a development of the Stormer chassis to give a tracked reconnaissance vehicle. It is a turreted version of the Stormer. Armed with a 30 mm Bushmaster II automatic cannon, and with the option of a TOW missile launcher that can be fitted to either turret side. The cannon and turret can traverse through 360° and the elevation is from -45° to +60°. The rate of fire of the cannon is from single shot to a maximum of 200 rounds per minute. The cannon has a double selection ammunition feed system with 180 rounds of ammunition ready to fire.
The vehicle remains in the prototype stage and it is unclear when it will enter service. The vehicle will be fully air transportable by C-130 Hercules used by the RAF aircraft as well as large CH-53 currently in service with NATO allies and other nations across the world.
- Crew: 3 + 8
- Armament: 1 x 7.62 mm machine gun standard but depends upon version
- Engine: Perkins T6.3544 six-cylinder diesel
- Length: 5.27 m (17 ft 3 in)
- Width: 2.4 m (7 ft 10 in)
- Height: 2.27 m (7 ft 5 in)
- Max speed: 80 km/h
- Range: 650 km 
- "Stormer". Jane's Information Group Light Armoured Vehicles. Archived from the original on 3 December 2008. http://web.archive.org/web/20081203204215/http://www.janes.com/defence/land_forces/supplement/lav/lav_stormer.shtml. Retrieved 2009-January-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alvis Stormer.|
- Stormer 30 Tracked Armoured Reconnaissance Vehicle/Light Tank - Army Technology
- Stormer - Light Armoured Vehicles - Jane's Land Forces
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|