|Albrecht von Boxberg|
|Born||May 4, 1913|
|Died||12 September 1985(aged 72)|
|Place of birth||Dresden|
|Place of death||Burgdorf|
Nazi Germany (to 1945)|
|Years of service||
|Commands held||II. / Panzer-Regiment 3|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Albrecht von Boxberg (4 May 1913 – 12 September 1985) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II and an Oberst in the Bundeswehr. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Albrecht von Boxberg was captured by American troops in 1945 and later joined the Bundeswehr retiring in 1971.
Awards and decorations
- Anschluss Medal (8 November 1938)
- Sudetenland Medal (25 October 1939)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (15 October 1939)
- 1st Class (31 May 1940)
- Panzer Badge in Silver (18 May 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (25 June 1940)
- in Silver (30 December 1942)
- in Gold (10 July 1943)
- Eastern Front Medal (18 September 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (15 December 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 7 February 1944 as Major and commander of II./Panzer-Regiment 3
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 120.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches]. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.