|Born||October 3, 1913|
|Died||15 March 1945(aged 31)|
|Place of birth||Unterreichenbach|
|Place of death||Dabas, Hungary|
Weimar Republic (to 1933)|
|Years of service||1933–1945|
|Commands held||4./Panzer-Regiment 6|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Albert Blaich (3 October 1913 – 15 March 1945) was a highly decorated Oberleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Albert Blaich was killed on 15 March 1945 near Dabas, Hungary.
Awards and decorations
- Spanish Cross in Gold with Swords (6 June 1939)
- Panzer Badge of the Condor Legion (17 June 1940)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (12 March 1940)
- 1st Class (22 April 1941)
- Wound Badge
- in Black (31 July 1940)
- in Silver (7 January 1943)
- in Gold (19 August 1944)
- Panzer Badge
- in Silver
- in II Class (19 December 1944)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 24 July 1941 as Oberfeldwebel and platoon leader 12./Panzer-Regiment 6
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 114.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.