|Aibyn Presidential Regiment|
The regiment participating in the Spasskaya Tower Festival in 2014.
|Active||21 April 2014|
|Branch||Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan|
|Type||Honor guard and protection force|
|Part of||State Security Service of Kazakhstan|
|Captain Khasen Omarkhanov|
The Aibyn Presidential Regiment of the State Security Service of Kazakhstan (Kazakh: Айбынның Президенттік құрметті қорғау полкі, Aıbynnyń Prezıdenttik qurmetti qorǵaý polki; Russian: полка "Айбын" Службы государственной охраны Республики Казахстан, polka "Aybyn" Sluzhby gosudarstvennoy okhrany Respubliki Kazakhstan) is a ceremonial honor guard of the State Security Service of Kazakhstan. It is comparable to the Kremlin Regiment in Russia and the Azerbaijani National Guard. In 1992, by decree of the newly elected President of Kazakhstan, the Republican Guard was formed, which at the onset included a guard of honor company. The official regimental uniform is a white and aqua tunic for officers and a blue tunic for soldiers. Being at least 178 cm (5 ft 10 in) is one of the requirements to be in the regiment, the other is good health. The regimental commander is Captain Khasen Omarkhanov. Thr honorific of "Aibyn" was added in 2014.
Duties and public role
The unit takes a direct role in the provision of state protocol and ceremonial events. Particularly, it has taken part in the changing of the guard ceremony in the Ak Orda Presidential Palace since 2001 and the Kazakh Presidential Inauguration. In August 1992, the unit marched for the first time in front of President Nursultan Nazarbayev in Almaty and the following April, it mounted the guard of honour for visiting Turkish President Turgut Ozal. In February 1993, personnel of the guard of honor took 24-hour protection under of the national flag and coat of arms in the Palace of the Republic. In July 1997, the servicemen of the regiment and the Presidential Band went on a tour to Malaysia, presenting Kazakh culture and combat art there. In September 2006, the guardsmen were invited to the Russian capital for the celebrations of Moscow City Day, coming back a year later where they took part in the Spasskaya Tower Military Music Festival and Tattoo.
- "This sets and increased demands on the military. One desire and physical health for the service here is not enough. Therefore, candidates for the National Guard starting to pick well before the draft. Screenings is hard. Among the mandatory requirements — the growth of not less than 178 centimeters (in ceremonial unit — and even more), secondary education and, of course, the lack of sins before the law. Family inductee must be complete". http://calendr.net/holiday/362.
- "The Ulan Republican Guard · Publications · "Kazakhstan History" portal". http://e-history.kz/en/publications/view/1124.
- "Участники фестиваля, Казахстан". http://kremlin-guild.ru/kremlin-military-tattoo/participants/Kazakhstan/detail.php?ID=2262.
- Pike, John. "Kazakhstan Republican Guard Corps". https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/centralasia/kazak-guard.htm.
- "Элита казахстанских войск: Рота почетного караула (ФОТОРЕПОРТАЖ)". https://bnews.kz/ru/news/obshchestvo/elita_kazahstanskih_voisk_rota_pochetnogo_karaula_fotoreportazh. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|