|Place of origin||France|
ACMAT (Ateliers de Construction Mécanique de L'Atlantique, also known as ALM-ACMAT), (since 22 May 2006, ACMAT is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renault Trucks.) is a French producer of cross-country and tactical military vehicles since 1958. Known for their reliability, simplicity, ruggedness and their 80% (over 3,500) commonality of parts across the entire product line, these vehicles were originally targeted at African and Asian countries who could not afford more expensive vehicles. The ACMAT company built their vehicles based on standardisation, commonality of parts and components, and on interchangeability; parts are interchangeable with vehicles built 30 years ago. Parts commonality includes cabs, structural components, engines and drive trains. ACMAT uses many of the same parts for all of its line of vehicles. They even produce an armoured variant of both the 4x4 and 6x6 versions of the VLRA.
Many French fire brigades also use ACMAT vehicles due to their lower cost and 4WD ability. Several thousand are in use by 42 countries including France and the Irish Defence Forces. ACMAT also designs, manufactures and builds trailers, shelters and generators. ACMAT has exported over 85 percent of the 12,000 plus vehicles it produced into 50 different countries.
Airtransportable Véhicule Tactique Léger, A new pickup truck from ACMAT. Comes in a single or crew cab.
VLRA,(Véhicules de liaison, de reconnaissance et d'appui) - for reconnaissance, escort and support variant. Available in 4x4 and 6x6 versions.
Available in several sizes:
- Short Chassis: 3.3 m, 3.6m, and 3.9 m; 1,500 kg to 2,500 kg
- Long chassis: 4.2 m and 4.3 m; 2,500 kg to 3,500 kg
- TPK 4.15 SM3 - 12 man transport
- TPK 4.15 STL - General purpose transport
- TPK 4.15 FSP - Long Range Patrol Vehicle
- TPK 4.15 LRM - Multiple rocket launcher carrier
- TPK 4.15 ASPIC - Weapons carrier
- TPK 4.15 PACF - Weapons carrier
- TTK 4.20 BL - Armoured variant
- TPK 4.20 SC - 2500-litre tanker version
- TPK 4.20 PCR - Radio Command Post
- TPK 4.20 SL7 - Light recovery duty vehicle
- TPK 4.20 SM2 - Troop Carrier
- TPK 4.20 SAM - Ambulance
- TPK 4.20 SM3 - 2.5t "gunship" truck
- TPK 4.20 VCT - Command and transmission vehicle
- TPK 4.20 VPL2 - Scout car
- TPK 4.20M ALM - cargo
- TPK 4.25 SAm - Ambulance
- TPK 4.30 BUS - 28 passenger bus (short chassis) or 34 passenger (long chassis)
- also available in a command vehicle conversion.
- TPK 4.30 SAM - Workshop
- TPK 4.35 SCM - Mechanical handling vehicle
- TPK 4.35 SM - Troop carrier
- TPK 4.35 SM2 - Truck
- TPK 4.35 VPC - Convoy protection vehicle/weapons carrier
- TPK 6.35 TSR - Semi-truck, 8t to 10t trailer towing capacity
- TPK 6.40 SB - 6000 kg tipper/dump truck
- TPK 6.40 SC - 4000-litre bowser/tanker
- TPK 6.40 SG - Tar spreader
- TPK 6.40 SH - Shelter carrier
- TPK 6.40 SM2 - 6x6 troop carrier
- TPK 6.40 SM3 - with 105mm towed howitzer
- TPK 6.40 SWT - Recovery vehicle
- TPK 6.50 BL - The armoured variant available as an APC or armoured crew cab/cargo vehicle.
- TPK 6.50 SH - Shelter carrier
- TPK 6.60 SH - Shelter carrier
- VCT (Véhicule de Commandement et de Transmissions)
VLRB (Véhicule de Liaison et de Reconnaissance Blindé) - The TCM 420 BL 6 is powered by a four cylinder Cummins turbo-diesel Euro 3 which has 167 horsepower (125 kW) at 2,500 rpm. It has a five speed automatic transmission and a two speed transfer case. One can be carried in a C-160 Transall and two can be carried in a C-130 Hercules. The armoured version can be armed with a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun, or a 20 mm or 30 mm automatic cannon.
- FCLV - Future Command and Liaison Vehicle, a British Army light wheeled armoured vehicle program. Offered by Hunting Engineering in partnership with ACMAT, the FCLV was essentially a modified VLRB. The IVECO contender eventually won the bid process
The VLA (Véhicules logistiques de l'avant) is a cab-over design, available in 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, with a carrying capacity of 4,000 kg to 8,000 kg. It is primarily designed to carry pallets. As of 2010 the VLA is no longer offered by ACMAT.
- WPK 4.40 SH/STL 4x4 4ton, shelter/pallet
- WPK 6.65 SH/STL 6x6 up to 15-foot (4.6 m) Container/pallet system "Hunter"
- WPK 6.65 APL up to 20-foot (6.1 m) containers/pallets
- WPK 8.75 SH 8x8 up to 20-foot (6.1 m) containers
ACMAT offers over 70 variants including the following: command car, commando vehicle, police vehicles, personnel carriers, cargo carriers, ambulances, mortar carrier, weapons carriers, communications vehicles, cross country bus, wireless vehicle, workshops vehicles, vehicles with cranes, fire fighting vehicles, fluid carriers (water and/or petroleum products), Semi-trucks, multiple rocket launcher carriers, dump trucks and more.
- two or four doors
- soft or hard top
- manual or power steering
- manual or automatic transmission
- left or right hand drive
- air conditioning
- armoured or unarmoured
- NBC defence system
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to VLRA.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|