|905th Air Refueling Squadron|
905th Air Refueling Squadron Patch
7 September 1942 - 1 April 1944 |
12 October 1959 - Present
|Branch||United States Air Force|
Air Mobility Command |
18th Air Force
319th Air Refueling Wing
319th Operations Group
|Garrison/HQ||Grand Forks Air Force Base|
The 905th Air Refueling Squadron (905 ARS) is part of the 319th Air Refueling Wing at Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota. It operates the KC-135 Stratotanker aircraft conducting aerial refueling missions.
The squadron was replacement training unit from, November 1942–c. October 1943. It has flown global refueling sorties since May 1960, including for combat operations in Southeast Asia from, 1965–1975, and the invasion of Panama in, December 1989. It provided personnel and aircraft for air refueling operations in Southwest Asia from, 13 August 1990 – 9 April 1991.
- Constituted as 505th Bombardment Squadron (Heavy) on 3 Sep 1942
- Activated on 7 Sep 1942
- Inactivated on 1 Apr 1944
- Consolidated (19 Sep 1985) with the 905th Air Refueling Squadron, Heavy
- Constituted, and activated, on 12 Oct 1959
- Organized on 1 Feb 1960
- Redesignated 905th Air Refueling Squadron on 1 Sep 1991.
- 346th Bombardment Group, 7 Sep 1942-1 Apr 1944
- Strategic Air Command, 12 Oct 1959
- 4133d Strategic Wing, 1 Feb 1960
- 319th Bombardment Wing, 1 Feb 1963
- 319th Operations Group, 1 Sep 1991
- 305th Operations Group, 1 Jun 1992
- 43d Operations Group, 1 Jul 1993
- 319th Operations Group, 1 Oct 1993–Present
- Salt Lake City Army Air Base, Utah (1942)
- Smoky Hill Army Air Field, Kansas (1942–1943)
- Dyersburg Army Air Base, Tennessee (1943–1944)
- Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota (1960–Present)
- Maurer, Maurer, ed (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556. http://www.airforcehistory.hq.af.mil/Publications/fulltext/combat_sq_of_the_af_wwii.pdf.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|