|745th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron|
Emblem of the 745th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Type||General Radar Surveillance|
The 745th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the 31st Air Division, Air Defense Command, stationed at Perrin Air Force Station, Texas. It was discontinued on 30 September 1969.
The unit was a General Surveillance Radar squadron providing for the air defense of the United States.
- 745th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron, Activated 1 February 1953
- Inactivated on 30 September 1969
- 33d Air Division, 1 February 1953
- Oklahoma City Air Defense Sector, 1 January 1960
- 4752d Air Defense Wing, 1 September 1961
- Oklahoma City Air Defense Sector, 25 June 1963
- 31st Air Division, 1 April 1966 – 30 September 1969
- A Handbook of Aerospace Defense Organization 1946 - 1980, by Lloyd H. Cornett and Mildred W. Johnson, Office of History, Aerospace Defense Center, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado
- Winkler, David F. (1997), Searching the skies: the legacy of the United States Cold War defense radar program. Prepared for United States Air Force Headquarters Air Combat Command.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|