|6th Destroyer Flotilla|
|Active||February, 1911–1939, 1947-1951|
|First||Captain Mortimer Silver|
The flotilla was formed in 1911, its first commander was appointed in 1912 and disbanded in 1939. It was reformed in October 1947 as part of the Home Fleet until 1951. In 1952 it was re-designated 6th Destroyer Squadron. Its first commander was Captain Mortimer Silver and its final commander was Captain Victor Danckwerts.
Captains (D) afloat, 6th Destroyer Flotilla
Captain (D) afloat is a Royal Navy appointment of an operational commander of a destroyer flotilla or squadron.
- White, Michael (2015) (in ar). Australian Submarines Vol 2: 2nd Edition: a History Vol 2. Sydney, Australia: Australian Teachers of Media. p. 792. https://books.google.lk/books?id=eTMVDgAAQBAJ&pg=PA792&dq=6th+Destroyer+Flotilla+Royal+Navy+1911&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKtqzxp5HcAhUKXisKHYjbAWYQ6AEIRTAG#v=onepage&q=6th%20Destroyer%20Flotilla%20Royal%20Navy%201911&f=false.
- Harley, Simon; Lovell, Tony. "Sixth Destroyer Flotilla (Royal Navy) - The Dreadnought Project" (in en). Harley and Lovell, 14 June 2018. http://www.dreadnoughtproject.org/tfs/index.php/Sixth_Destroyer_Flotilla_(Royal_Navy)#In_Command. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
- Whitby, Michael (2011) (in en). Commanding Canadians: The Second World War Diaries of A.F.C. Layard. Vancover, Canada: UBC Press. p. Abbrev: XV. ISBN 9780774840378. https://books.google.lk/books?id=4mIXtaqcAvgC&pg=PR13&lpg=PR13&dq=Captain+(D)+is+an+appointment+of+a+commander+of+a+destroyer+flotilla+or+squadron.&source=bl&ots=vD_r-xbfyC&sig=IcM7YDzzEcm3WNnuFskrm9LRrfc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnl-W1npHcAhVCXisKHSB7BGsQ6AEITDAI#v=onepage&q=Captain%20(D)%20is%20an%20appointment%20of%20a%20commander%20of%20a%20destroyer%20flotilla%20or%20squadron.&f=false.
- Harley, Simon; Lovell, Tony. (2018) "Sixth Destroyer Flotilla (Royal Navy) - The Dreadnought Project". www.dreadnoughtproject.org. Harley and Lovell.
- Whitby, Michael (2011). Commanding Canadians: The Second World War Diaries of A.F.C. Layard. Vancover, Canada: UBC Press. ISBN 9780774840378.
- White, Michael (2015). Australian Submarines Vol 2: 2nd Edition: a History Vol 2 (in Arabic). Sydney, Australia: Australian Teachers of Media. ISBN 9781876467265.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|