|4e Brigade Aéromobile|
|Active||1999 - 2010|
|Size||4 400 men, 202 helicopters|
|Part of||Commandement de la Force d'Action Terrestre|
The 4th Airmobile Brigade (French language: 4e Brigade Aéromobile, 4e BAM) is a helicopter unit of the French Army. It makes up for most of the French Army Light Aviation. The brigade is heir to the traditions and honours of the 4th Airmobile Division. The French Army has announced that the brigade will be disbanded in 2010 and its constituent units placed directly under the command of the Land Forces Command.
- 1er Régiment d'Hélicoptères de Combat (1er RHC) Combat Helicopter Regiment in Phalsbourg with 22 Gazelle, 20 Puma and 14 Cougar
- 3e Régiment d'Hélicoptères de Combat (3e RHC) Combat Helicopter Regiment in Etain with 37 Gazelle, 16 Puma
- 5e Régiment d'Hélicoptères de Combat (5e RHC) Combat Helicopter Regiment in Pau with 52 various Gazelle and Puma helicopters
- 4e Compagnie de Commandement et de Transmissions (4e CCT) in Essey-lès-Nancy
The 6e Régiment d'Hélicoptères de Combat (6e RHC) Combat Helicopter Regiment in Margny-lès-Compiègne was disbanded in July 2007. The airport has changed into civil status.
- French Army website, 4th Airmobile Brigade page http://www.defense.gouv.fr/terre/decouverte/presentation/composantes/brigades/4e_brigade_aeromobile
- (French) Defence Ministry
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|