The 2nd Guards Infantry Division (German: 2. Garde-Infanterie-Division) was a unit in the Guards Corps of the Imperial German Army during the First World War. At the outbreak of war it was commanded by General Lieutenant von Winkler.
Order of battle: 1914
- 3rd Guards Infantry Brigade
- 4th Guards Infantry Brigade
- Guards Light Cavalry Regiment (1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th Squadrons)
- 2nd Guards Field Artillery Brigade
- 2nd and 3rd Company, Guards Pioneer Battalion
- 2nd Section, Guards Field Ambulance Company
- 2nd Guards Division Engineers
- The First Battle of the Marne 1914: The French miracle halts the Germans, Ian Sumner page 22.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|