|108th Sustainment Brigade|
108th Sustainment Brigade shoulder sleeve insignia
|Active||2007 – present|
|Branch||United States Army National Guard|
|Distinctive Unit Insignia||150px|
The former 33rd Area Support Group is transforming into the 108th Sustainment Brigade. With more than 1,700 Soldiers, the Chicago-based brigade is made of Medical, Army Liaison Team, Personnel support, and Transportation support units.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 108th Quartermaster Regiment, Illinois National Guard on 19 May 1939. It was rescinded on 10 January 1943. It was reinstated and redesignated for the 108th Supply and Transport Battalion, Illinois Army National Guard on 10 December 1964. The insignia was redesignated for the 108th Support Battalion, Illinois Army National Guard on 26 November 1968. It was redesignated for the 108th Maintenance Battalion, Illinois Army National Guard on 23 December 1997. The insignia was redesignated for the 108th Sustainment Brigade on 13 October 2006.
Defining itself as "Chicago's Brigade" the 108th Sustainment Brigade has developed into a highly diverse and capable force to execute both state directed and federal missions.
- HQ, 108th Sustainment Brigade
- 108th Brigade Special Troops Battalion
- 108th Signal Company
- 108th Multifunctional Medical Battalion
- 708th Medical Company
- 709th Area Support Medical Company
- 710th Medical Company
- 1144th Transportation (MT) Battalion
- 1244th Transportation Company
- 1644th Transportation Company
- 1744th Transportation Company
- 1844th Transportation Company
- 232nd Combat Service Support Battalion
- 1344th Transportation Company
- 1544th Transportation Company
- 3637th Support Maintenance Company
- 633 Theater Gateway (R5) Team
- 3625th Maintenance Company
Currently the 108th Sustainment Brigade is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|