|106 (Yeomanry) Regiment Royal Artillery|
|Part of||7 Air Defence Group|
|Garrison/HQ||Napier House, Grove Park, London|
The 106 (Yeomanry) Regiment Royal Artillery is part of the Army Reserve and have sub-units throughout the South of England. The Regiments role is Close Air Defence and was part of the Joint Ground Based Air Defence (Jt GBAD) formation, later 7 Air Defence Group and uses the Starstreak missile. Two Batteries will be armoured and will operate in support of maneuver forces whilst one Battery will be equipped with the lightweight LML version. The Regiment is paired with 12 Regiment Royal Artillery for training, exercise and operations.
The regiment was formed in 1999 as 106 (Yeomanry) Regiment Royal Artillery (Volunteers). Its units were 202 (Suffolk and Norfolk Yeomanry) Battery at Bury St Edmunds (transferred from 100th (Yeomanry) Regiment Royal Artillery), 265 (Home Counties) Battery at Grove Park in London (also transferred from 100 (Yeomanry) Regiment Royal Artillery), 269 (West Riding) Battery at Leeds and 457 (Hampshire Yeomanry) Battery at Southampton. 202 Battery and 269 Battery left the regiment in 2006.
Under the initial Army 2020 reforms, this regiment has three batteries of missiles. 210 (Staffordshire) Battery Royal Artillery subordinated to 103 (Lancashire Artillery Volunteers) Regiment Royal Artillery and re-roled as a light gun regiment. A new battery, 295 (Hampshire Yeomanry) Battery Royal Artillery, was formed in Portsmouth. 106 (Yeomanry) Regiment RA paired with 12 Regiment RA and came under the Joint Ground-Based Air Defence Command.
Organisation of the regiment after the Army 2020 Refine is as follows;
- Regimental Headquarters at Napier House Baring Road, London
- 265 (Home Counties) Battery at Napier House Baring Road, London
- 295 (Hampshire Carabiniers (Yeomanry)) Battery at Army Reserve Centre Perrone Road, Portsmouth
- 457 (Hampshire Carabiniers (Yeomanry)) Battery at Blighmont Reserve Centre Milbrook Road, Southampton
- "Royal Regiment of Artillery, Volunteer Regiments". Archived from the original on 15 March 2004. https://web.archive.org/web/20040315024235/http://www.win.tue.nl/~drenth/BritArmy/Lineage/RA/. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "101 Regiment Royal Artillery". Archived from the original on 2007-12-18. https://web.archive.org/web/20071218045335/http://www.regiments.org/regiments/uk/vols-tavr/art-eng-sig/ra101.htm.
- "Summary of Army Reserve Structure and Basing Changes". Archived from the original on 10 August 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130810031303/http://www.serfca.org/Portals/0/Images/f/SUMMARY%20OF%20A2020%20RESERVE%20STRUCTURE%20AND%20BASING%20CHANGES.pdf. Retrieved 11 May 2014.